CTG Development Company is creating, sustaining and transforming the future through innovative approaches to private-public partnership and unique developments. With a vast collection of expertise, partners and services to include planning, design, finance, construction and development; has a portfolio of nationally acclaimed projects.
The Assistant Superintendent is responsible for assisting the Superintendent in the daily oversight of a construction utilities pipe project, coordinating communications among the various subcontractors/entities involved, handling issues that may occur, and dealing with any inquiries from the public, while ensuring the project is delivered safe, right within budget and on time This position provides hands-on construction management experience supporting field construction activities tied to civil engineering and infrastructure projects such as earthwork, deep foundations, underground utilities, etc.
- Schedules and manages the daily operations and personnel of job site or multiple job sites to ensure production stays on target.
- Schedules and coordinates inspections with the appropriate inspectors daily.
- Coordinates job setup, cost, schedule, and preconstruction requirements to ensure the job gets off to a good start, is on budget, and is completed safe, right and fast.
- Performs inventory, organizes and orders materials on a daily and weekly basis.
- Understands job cost and identifies and communicates variances to ensure we are on budget and build the job correctly.
- Oversees safety on the jobs to ensure our team is in compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Conducts weekly toolbox topic meetings.
- Monitors and checks elevations of structures.
- Ensures Operators & Laborers take care of their equipment to support meeting our production requirements safely, on time, and on budget.
- Completes daily equipment checklists.
- Civil Engineering degree from a 4-year accredited university/college.
- 3-5 years project engineering experience working on civil engineering projects (such as utility infrastructure, earthworks, road construction, site demolition and bridge construction or the like).
- Experience with Heavy Bid and Active Takeoff software or similar software.
- Have a passion for what you do.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and works with a sense of urgency.
- Must have strong MS Word, Excel and Outlook skills.
- Manages 3 to 6 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 10 to 30 employees in the utilities and underground piping construction field. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises 5 to 15 non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities typically needed for competent performance include but are not limited to the following:
- Experience and proficiency (intermediate to expert level) in the use of PC with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge and ability to use P6 CPM Scheduling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Requirement Education and Experience
- This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as an Assistant Superintendent.
- A four-year degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent required.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Experience working for a General Contractor as an estimator bidding on DOT or heavy highway projects between $5M and $100M required.
- This position requires you to be experienced in storm drain, sewer and waterlines for Hard Bid Projects, Design-Build Projects, and Public and Private Projects
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that an Assistant Superintendent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed indoors.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an Assistant Superintendent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://constructtwo.com/apply/ →