CTG Development Company is creating, sustaining and transforming the future through innovative approaches to private-public partnership and unique developments. With a vast collection of expertise, partners and services to include planning, design, finance, construction and development; has a portfolio of nationally acclaimed projects.
We are seeking an experienced Development Manager to help lead our Florida A&M University in the Tallahassee area. Candidates must have proven construction management experience both leading entitlement and implantation of projects. Candidates must have strong team work, negotiating and problem-solving skills. We are searching for an entrepreneurial professional who becomes personally involved in every phase of each project.
- Organize and manage several mixed use real estate development projects, various stages of life cycle, using external consultants.
- Coordinate entitlement, permitting, and project design and occupancy
- Coordinate and negotiate approvals with local authorities and stakeholders as needed.
- Lead team through full coordination of project design, building permit and final drawings
- Bid and negotiate construction contracts, working with external teams
- Control project costs, project proformas, and monitor budget using job cost reports
- Perform the day-to-day activities associated with project development
- Assist with the development of budgets and timelines for the various stages of development
- Coordinate with project consultants during the due diligence process including architects, engineers, appraisers, market analysts, surveyors, and title companies
- Review due diligence material related to each project being developed
- Work directly with, and create relationships with all necessary public officials and neighborhood groups in markets being considered for development.
- Assist senior management on strategic planning
- Manage the pre-development process from initial identification and evaluation, through investment approval and entitlements
- Interface with municipal officials and other governmental agencies
- Prepare and assist with design and construction estimates for project construction
- Lead design coordination efforts with 3rd party design and engineering consultants
- Manage 3rd party contractors, consultants and other vendors
- Negotiate and implement A/E, GC and Client contracts and change orders
- Manage project schedules and meetings
- Conducts site visits and site meetings with staff, other governmental officials, developers, financiers, etc.
- Oversee the entire permit process
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), plus minimum 2 years of related work experience in public and/or private development.
- Candidate must possess proficient computer applications skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Dynamic 365 and Power Point. Experience with Project scheduling software
- Construction Management experience is required
- Experience directing and managing consultants and contractors
- Full understanding of underwriting, budgeting, cash flows and financial analysis
- Strong team work, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to understand development materials, including architectural, zoning, landscape, mechanical, etc.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and project goals
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Construction related projects
- LEED AP or BD+C Accreditation a plus
- Travel may be required
- Communications must be clear and concise, with good leadership and follow-up skills.
- Candidate needs to have a “hands on” approach to getting all projects completed with a high level of quality and in a timely/ efficient manner.
- Familiarity with scheduling, document control and cost estimating software systems preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities typically needed for competent performance include but are not limited to the following:
- Experience and proficiency (intermediate to expert level) in the use of PC with Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Development Manager encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed indoors.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Development Manager to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://constructtwo.com/apply/ →