Founded in 1990, CTG Development Company is led by seasoned professionals that are experienced in all phases of development and construction of properties including residential, office, parking garages, mixed-use and retail assets.
Chairman, Derrick Wallace built a small glass and glazing company into a full-service construction firm by 1990. Now present day, Wallace has transformed his organization as a development company. CTG Development Company’s growth expanded to now include: construction management, design/build, program management, cost management and development.
Mr. Wallace is a hands-on leader and continues to serve as project executive on many of CTG’s construction projects. In this role, he has challenged his project teams to provide quality services for a significant number of award-winning projects over the past 30 years.
These projects can be seen all over Central Florida and includes: the Orange County Convention Center Phase V Expansion, “Best Public Building” Award from Southeast Construction Magazine; Jones High School Additions and Alterations; Universal Islands of Adventure’s Hulk Roller Coaster “Excellence in Construction Award of Merit” from the Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
As a community leader, Mr. Wallace has involved himself in a diverse array of business and non-profit organizations. By fostering new initiatives and taking on leadership roles that ensured service to the people, Mr.Wallace continues to shape communities and support organizations that promote equality, fairness, advancement, and commerce.
- Board Member, Fifth Third Bank, Central Florida Region. Role: Review and advise bank growth and its relationship with the community.
- Board Member, African American Chamber of Commerce of Central Florida. An organization committed to helping improve the economic outlook of Central Florida.
- Chairman, Board of Director, Goodwill Industries of Central Florida- one of the world’s largest nonprofit providers of employment and training services for people with disabilities and other disadvantaging conditions such as welfare, dependency, illiteracy, criminal history and homelessness. Committee Participation: Compensating Committee, Nominating Committee.
- Board of Director, Central Florida Innovation Corporation – an organization, whose goal is to enhance the region’s economy by creating, building and strengthening high wage potential, high growth companies in Central Florida.
- Board of Governor and Board of Director, Florida Chamber of Commerce – largest federation of businesses, chambers of commerce and associations with the mission to make Florida the best place to live, work and do business – drives our continued commitment to find solutions to problems that affect businesses every day and will improve our state overall.
- Board of Director and Founding Member, 100 Black Men of Orlando – local chapter to 100 Black Men of America, Inc. whose mission is to improve the quality of life of our communities, and enhance educational and economic opportunities for all African Americans.
- Founding Trustee, Minority/Women Business Enterprise Alliance – an advocacy organization whose mission is to build a stronger and more inclusive community by developing and enhancing minority /women owned businesses. Their programs focus on facilitating access to capital, providing technical assistance and fostering business opportunities.
- Chairman, Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission – a private-public commission that
works to attract businesses to the area and helps existing ones expand. Committee Participation: Audit Committee, Compensation Committee – Chair, Executive Search Committee, Nominating Committee, Education Foundation – Chair.
- Chairman, Central Florida Technology Partnership – a partnering of four organizations – the Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce, Metro Orlando Economic Development Commission, Central Florida Innovation Corp. and the Florida High Tech Corridor Council – whose mission is to facilitate sharing of information, ideas and resources that affect Central Florida’s technology industry and to implement components of a community technology agenda for the 21st century.
Mr.Wallace believes in service and seizes every opportunity that allows him to help others. This principle is what Construct Two Development Company was established upon allowing for the creation of various transformational projects that serve their communities.